Over 1,000 Suffolk residents of Suffolk's ten towns are members of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee. We are the volunteers whose grassroots activities give our candidates the edge in tough campaigns. We are united by principles and philosophy and we work together to make sure that our elected officials embody our beliefs. The County Democratic structure includes:
- Rich Schaffer - Chairman
- Eva Greguski - 1st Vice Chair
- Kathryn Casey-Quigley - 2nd Vice Chair
- Lillie Crowder - 3rd Vice Chair
- Larry Silverman - 4th Vice Chair
- Marge Acevedo - 5th Vice Chair
- Patrick Denis - 6th Vice Chair
- Debbie Monaco - Secretary
- James Anthony - Treasurer
- Anthony LaPinta - Counsel to Committee
- Gail Lolis - Law Chair
- Alexandra VanDerlofske- Executive Director
- Amanda Mannella- Deputy Executive Director
This committee knows well that effective political leadership encourages and inspires and is based on our common beliefs. As they go about the business of raising money, screening candidates and organizing conventions the Executive Committee knows that knows that the success of the Suffolk Democratic Party is due to the work and dedication of many persons.
State Democratic Committee
Suffolk has 24 representatives on the New York State Democratic Committee. Two State committee persons from each of Suffolk's 12 Assembly Districts vote in our name at State conventions.
Town Democratic Committees
Each of Suffolk's ten towns has its own Democratic Committee, with a chairperson and officers who serve the Town's Democratic committee persons. Towns are geographically divided into Election Districts and each district has two Democratic committee persons, responsible to serve the voters in that neighborhood. Town committee members are simultaneously members of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee.